Lemon Essential Oil:
oil is sourced from citrus plant scientifically known as Citrus Limon
belongs to Rutaceae family.Lemon oil is also known as cedero oil (which
refers to terpeneless).Lemon is an evergreen small tree that originated
in India (Assam) and Pakistan and is widely grown in tropical,
semi-tropical and warm temperate countries.Lemon tree reaches up to 20
feet in height and has stout spines, leaves are dark green, leathery and
evergreen oblong, elliptical or oval and up to 14 cm long, flowers buds
are purplish and fruits are globose to oblong, ripen to yellow.
Lemon oil is extracted from fruit peel of Citrus limon plant through cold pressed method.
oil is clean, sugary citrus and slightly sour and has fresh, zesty
aroma that uplifts and energizes the body and mind. Lemon oil is pale
yellow to deep yellow, greenish yellow. It has characteristic odour and
taste of the outer part of fresh lemon peel.
is composed of α pinene, camphene, β-pinene, sabinene, myrcene,
α-terpinene, linalool, β-bisabolene, limonene, trans-α-bergamotene,
nerol and neral.
Blending Well With:
Lemon oil is nicely blends with Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Fennel, Juniper, Neroli and Elemi.
Uses & Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil:
Safety and Precautions:
- It encourages immune system, improves functions digestive system and cleanses body.
- It is used for treatment of dyspepsia, cellulite and constipation.It also helps in treatment for rheumatism and arthritis.
Powerful antioxidants in lemon oil give it deep skin cleansing and
exfoliating properties.it eliminates dead skin cells and impurities from
your skin to give it a flawless & fresh appearance.
- It encourages hair cuticle to lie flat and makes hair shinier.
The calming fragrance of lemon oil helps you to calms the nerves and
relaxes your mind.It also helps you to breath better and proves to be
an ideal ingredient in aromatherapy blends.
- It is used as natural air freshener.It is also used as stain remover as it removes stains from fabrics.
- It supports lymphatic system and aids blood flow, reducing blood pressure.
It is effective against fever as it bring down fever and provides
relief throat infections, bronchitis, asthma and flu.It is effective
against skin issues, for cleaning acne, cleaning greasy skin and removes
dead skin cells, eases painful cold sores, mouth ulcers, herpes and
- It is used for aromatherapy as it relieves irritation and improves concentration, uplifts spirit and clears mind.
- It is used in beverages; artificial drink concentrates to give taste of lemon juice.
The anti fungal properties of lemon oil allow you to use it against
unwanted skin growth.It can be used effectively against yeast
infections, athlete's foot, and some other skin conditions.
- You can use lemon oil to clean kitchen cabinets, bathroom sinks, and disinfect other surfaces daily.
- It can cause skin irritation and sensitizing in some persons.
- Keep away from reach of children.
- Consult to doctor before using lemon oil during pregnancy.
- Avoid using lemon oil near to heat, fire and flame.
Appearance: Clear mobile pale yellow greenish yellow liquid. It may become cloudy at low temperature.
Relative Density: 0.850 – 0.858
Refractive Index: 1.473 – 1.476
Optical Rotation: +57° - +70°
Fatty oil & resinified oil: It complies with the test. Storage:
Store in cool and dark place at temperature not exceeding 25°C.